August 12, 2013

Joanna Sheen Calendar Tutorial


Morning all
Well as you know i have just joined the Joanna Sheen design team and i am thrilled to be part of this very talented team.
As part of my duties i have been asked to make a tutorial, now this came as quite a shock and i did have a bit of a panic attack as i have never in all my life done a tut before, so i thought i would show you how i made this Calendar.


I actually saw something similar to this on Facebook but it was made from wood and engraved by burning but they were being sold for £30 each, now to a pensioner like me that's a bit extravagant lol so to save pennies i thought i would have a go at a cheaper version. 


Ingredients used are
Thick card i used 620 gsm 
Ribbon
Eyelets 2 sizes 
cropodile
corner rounder
small round die
chain links
promarkers
 House Mouse images from 
Joanna Sheen House Mouse triple cd purchased ( HERE
Flowers for decoration


I cut the thick card to 6" or 15cm whichever measurements you use, i'm an oldie so it's 6" to me
 i then rounded the corners
Printed on thinner card special days and the letters of each month 
cut this also to 6" 15cm and rounded the corners, coloured all the letters with promarkers
I did them in different colours to make it cheerful but you can use 1 colour it's all down to your own personal choice 
Glued this to the thick card 


Then using the cropodile and eyelets i put 2 at the top for the ribbon 
then 12 equally spaced along the bottom
Using the chalks or you could use your inks but i prefer chalks i rubbed all around the edges of the card just to soften it

I then cut 12 or as many as you need, round discs using the die 
Again using my chalks coloured in the discs in different colours 


Using the cropodile and small eyelets added to each one
Then attached a chain link


Using the chain links i then attached the discs to each large eyelet
as you can see i have added an extra 1 just to show you how you can add extras for each special day you have for example i have 4 special days happening in June so i will add an extra disc for each event


I then decorated the calendar with decoupaged images of House Mouse and flowers 
All i have left to do now is write the names and dates on the discs 
In all i think this version has cost less than £5 which leaves more money for buying crafty stuff :)
Hope you like it and if you do have a go i would love to see your interpretations 
so please let me know

                                                 photo fanclub17_zps2614b5c1.gif Shaz xx

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Shaz and a great idea! Well done on your first tutorial! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shaz, that's fanastic! Great tutorial, real easy to follow too.....will defo put this on my "to try" list!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shaz your so clever your tutorial is brilliant and looks easy to follow thank you for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Shaz - I love your version of the calendar, it's so cheery and colourful and the little House Mouse decorations are fab. Congratulations on your DT position and your first tutorial - you wouldn't know you hadn't done one before, hun.
    Big hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaz I love your version of this calendar, I have seen a few on facebook made with the silhouette cameo but I really like your personalised one.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog today. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Happy Crafting!
Hugs Shaz xx